Do I Need a Resident Agent for my C Corporation?

ryan gosslin doppleganger

A Resident Agent is required when you form an C Corporation. However, you may act as your own Resident Agent if you meet the requirements or you may hire a Resident Agent Service to act as your agent.

Bookly includes this service as an option with each of our incorporation service packages. 

There are a number of benefits with this service including: 

  • Staying Compliant. Bookly will help you stay in compliance with the state requirements for your C Corporation, avoid unnecessary state penalty fees and maintain your company's good standing in your state of incorporation.
  • Privacy. When a company is served with a Service of Process, it is often delivered by local law enforcement. Most business owners do not want police officers showing up in front of customers, employees or neighbors. A Resident Agent service will provide you a layer of anonymity. 
  • Registered Office. The registered agent for a business must be available during normal business hours to accept important documents as they are delivered.